Francine has been passionate about Traditional Thai Massage since 1998. She practices from a deep heart space and with great respect to all the ancestors and to all teachers who have passed this ancient wisdom on to her. She wishes to keep this practice aligned with the source, in its purest, most authentic form.
It is her hope to use this ancient holistic therapy to promote wellness and vitality by helping your body, mind and soul return to a state of balance, harmony, flexibility and health.
Francine is a highly qualified Traditional Thai Massage Therapist with
- 20 years of practice
- 13 years of teaching Thai Massage courses
- over 1000 hours of Thai Massage training
- approximately 5000 hours of recorded practice
She is also a Registered Massage Therapist in Orthopedic Massage and has been studying Clinical Thai Bodywork and Trigger Point therapy for the past six years.
Thai Massage Training
Francine has learned many different styles of Thai Massage from different lineages and teachers as well as other modalities. She has been a serious practitioner for 20 years with over 1000 hrs. of Traditional Thai Massage training. Currently, she delivers about 25 hrs. weekly of Thai Massage treatments.
- Thai abdominal massage and the elements- Zephyr Jacobsen
- Manual Osteopathy 2200 hr. diploma- In progress- Turner Institute of Osteopathy
- Orthopedic Massage 2200 hr. diploma and RMT certification – Turner Institute of Orthopedic Massage
- Clinical Thai Bodywork – Chuck Duff of Thai Bodywork School of Thai Massage
- Thai Massage and the Five Bodies – advanced Thai Massage – Ralf Marzen of Mudita school of Thai Massage.
- Thai Massage advanced Jungle retreat in Thailand – Ralf Marzen of Mudita school of Thai Massage.
- Thai Foot Massage – Janice Vitavec of Spirit Winds School of Thai Massage
- Thai Table Massage – Shawn Klassen
- Old Chiang Mai Hospital Style – Tim Holt of East West School of Thai Massage
- Traditional Thai Medicine – Ruesri David Tevijo
- Nerve Touch Thai Massage (Jap Sen) & Thai Herbal Massage – Lek Chayia
- Thai Herbal compress massage (Luk Pra Kob) – Kristin Nuttall of Sacredasia Ancient School of Thai Massage
- Ayurveda and Thai Yoga Massage Therapy – Paul Cramer & Dr. Will Bogg of Lotus Palm
- Northern style Traditional Thai Massage (Nuad-Bo-Rarn), advanced therapies, energy lines – Janice Vitavec of Spirit Winds School of Thai Massage
- Bob Haddad, Rose Griscom and David Weitzer – Thai Healing Alliance International Gathering
Previous experience as a Thai Massage Therapist:
- Home based practice- Calgary AB- 1 year
- The Glencoe Club – Calgary AB – 3 years
- Retallack Ski Lodge – Retallack, BC – 7 seasons
- Clayoquot Wilderness Resort – Clayoquot, BC – 5 months
- Mountain Trek Health & Fitness Spa – Ainsworth, BC – 7 seasons
- Shanti Yoga – Nelson, BC – 1 year
- Mountain Waters Spa – Nelson, BC – 1 year
- Health Co-op – Nelson, BC – 1 year
- Day Spring Lodge – Kaslo, BC – 2 seasons
- Powder Mountain – Eden, Utah – 1 season