TRADITIONAL THAI MASSAGE & MEDICINE COURSE
FOUNDATION 1 & 2 – 60 hrs.
FALL 2023 – IN CALGARY AB
NOVEMBER 17th to 20th 2023
NOVEMBER 24th to 27th 2023
Text 250-354-8190 for a phone consultation
Summer course 2023 – 85 hrs:
THAI MASSAGE – MEDICINE & QI GONG COURSE RETREAT
Foundation 1: June 15th to 19th 2023
Foundation 2: July 21st to 26th 2023
At Om Yoga, 6 mile Nelson BC, 3067 Heddle Road
In this course, you will learn the classic routine of Northern style (Nuad-Bo-Rarn). Nuad means “to touch with the intention of imparting healing” and Bo-Rarn is a Sanskrit word meaning “something that is ancient and revered”. These eleven days of training is a very good place to start and get a strong foundation in Thai Massage. This classic style derives from Shivago Kormapaj lineage taught at the Old Chiang Mai hospital in Thailand.
In Foundation 1, you will learn the supine position. Then, sideline, prone and seated positions in Foundation 2. You need both foundation courses in order to perform a full body massage and in order to get a certificate.
As mindfulness and self-care are the most essential attribute of an exceptional Thai Massage practitioner, each day starts with one hour of QiGong and meditation.
This course is mostly hands-on. There are three to four times more techniques than needed to create a 90-minute session giving you
creative alternatives to customize your session. Francine, your instructor, emphasizes the practitioner’s body alignment while performing the techniques to ensure that students are receiving the maximum benefit to their own bodies.
- Thai Massage History
- Self-care tips for the Thai Massage practitioner
- Tips on how to start and finish a session
- Mantras in Sanskrit
- Wind gates
- Working stances
- Transition moves
- Form and fluidity of Thai Massage
- Massage routine
- Cultivating Chi
- Qi Gong
“I look forward to sharing this ancient healing art with you”
- No previous experience in massage required
- Class size maximum of 12 students
- First come first serve basis
- This course has been selling out so register early
- Certificate upon completion
- Recognized by Thai Healing Alliance International
- 15 credits with NHPC
$2,111 CAD (plus GST) Price includes both Foundation 1 & 2
Deposit of $600 is required to reserve your space
- Phone consultation is required prior to registering
- Full payment is required on the first day of class
- Price includes the training manual and printed certificate
- E-mail transfer for Canadian students/ PayPal for International students
- Accommodation is not included.
|Foundation 1 & 2 in Traditional Thai Massage|