TRADITIONAL THAI MASSAGE 1 & 2
THAI MASSAGE & MEDICINE COURSE
FOUNDATION 1: APRIL 4th to 7th 2024
FOUNDATION 2: APRIL 11th to 14th 2024
In NELSON BC
- No massage experience required
- Space is limited to twelve students
- First come, first serve basis
- Register early, as this course sells out
- Phone consultation is required before registering
Get a solid foundation in Thai Massage and medicine and learn the classic routine of the Northern style – Nuad-Bo-Rarn. Nuad means to touch with the intention of healing, and Bo-Rarn is a Sanskrit word meaning something ancient and revered. The classic style is derived from the Shivago Kormapaj lineage taught at the Old Chiang Mai Hospital in Thailand.
The 60-hour course is taught in eight days, and the 85-hour course is a Thai Massage Retreat course taught in eleven days.
The training provides a strong foundation in Thai Massage.
You will learn to practice all four positions: Supine, Sideline Position, Prone, and Seated.
As mindfulness is the most essential attribute of an exceptional Thai Massage practitioner, each day starts with Qi Gong or meditation.
The course is primarily hands-on. There are over one hundred techniques, significantly more than you need to create a 90-minute session, providing you with creative alternatives to customize your session fully.
Francine, your instructor, emphasizes the practitioner’s body alignment while performing the techniques to ensure that students receive maximum bodily benefit.
In addition to learning the Thai Massage form, you will learn:
• Thai Massage History
• Self-care tips for the Thai Massage practitioner
• Tips on how to start and finish a session
• Mantra prayers in Sanskrit
• Wind gates
• Sen lines
• Working stances
• Transition moves
• From and fluidity of Thai Massage
• Massage routine
• Cultivating Chi
• Qi Gong
Advantages of studying with Francine:
- Small classes (Maximum 12 students)
- Brings 26 years of experience in Thai Massage and 19 years of experience teaching
- Very comprehensive and intensive course
- Retreat environment for deep healing in a beautiful setting
- Sharing circles
Students will receive a certificate recognized by Thai Healing Alliance International upon completion.
- This course will sell out so register early
- Cost: Foundation in Thai Massage 1 & 2 60hrs:$1865. Price increase in September: $2111 85 hrs Thai Massage Retreat $2,777 CAD
- A phone consultation and a deposit of $600 is required to reserve your space
- Full payment is required on the first day of class
- Price includes the training manual
- You must register for both Foundations. It is one course taught in two segments
- NHPC 15 CEC
Om Yoga Studio
“Francine is astute in her approach to Thai Bodywork. In her course, she exposes the tradition, spirituality, and the all-important aspect of Chi besides the body mechanics – which I found fascinating and valuable. Her attention to detail is meticulous. Francine is very detailed in her instruction and also very patient and this was immensely helpful to me. As a learner, I felt I was flowing smoothly. To me, this has been a great foray into a modality that I intend to combine harmoniously with another.”