Traditional Thai Massage
Foundation 1 & 2
- Book Now:
- No massage experience required
- Space limited to 12 students
- First come first serve basis
- Register early as this course sells out
- Phone consultation required before registering
Get a solid foundation in Thai Massage & Thai Medicine and learn the classic routine of the Northern style – Nuad-Bo-Rarn. Nuad means to touch with the intention of healing and Bo-Rarn is a Sanskrit word meaning something that is ancient and revered. The classic style derived from the Shivago Kormapaj lineage taught at the Old Chiang Mai hospital in Thailand.
The course is taught in eleven days and the training provides a strong foundation in Thai Massage. This comprehensive certification course is 85 hours of instruction and is taught in two segments:
Foundation 1: Five days
Foundation 2: Five days plus 1 practicum day
You will learn to practice all four positions: Supine; Sideline Position; Prone; and Seated.
As mindfulness is the most essential attribute of an exceptional Thai Massage practitioner, each day starts with one hour of Qi Gong and meditation.
The course is primarily hands-on. There are over one hundred techniques, significantly more than you need to create a 90-minute session, providing you creative alternatives to fully customize your session.
Francine, your instructor, emphasizes the practitioner’s body alignment while performing the techniques to ensure that students are receiving maximum benefit for their own bodies.
In addition to learning the Thai Massage form, you will learn:
• Thai Massage history
• Self-care tips for the Thai Massage practitioner
• Tips on how to start and finish a session
• Mantra prayers in Sanskrit
• Wind gates
• Sen lines
• Working stances
• Transition moves
• From and fluidity of Thai Massage
• Massage routine
• Cultivating Chi
• Qi Gong
Advantages of studying with Francine:
- Small classes (Maximum 12 students)
- Brings 23 years of experience in Thai Massage and 17 years of experience teaching
- Very comprehensive and intensive course
- Retreat environment for deep healing in a beautiful setting
- Sharing circles
Upon completion, students will receive a certificate recognized by Thai Healing Alliance International and Natural Health Practitioners of Canada.
Accreditation: Thai Healing Alliance International (THAI), 85 hrs. NHPC 15 credits
- This course will sell out so register early
- Cost: Foundation in Thai Massage 1 & 2 $1,855 CAD (plus GST)
- A phone consultation and a deposit of $600 is required to reserve your space
- Full payment of $1855 plus GST required on the first day of class
- Price includes the training manual
- You must register for both Foundations. It is one course taught in two segments
Fall Course 85 hrs:
Foundation 1: October 15th to 19th 2021
Foundation 2: November 11th to 16th 2021
Om Yoga 6 mile
3067 Heddle Road
“Francine is astute in her approach to Thai Bodywork. In her course, she exposes the tradition, spirituality, and the all-important aspect of Chi besides the body mechanics – which I found fascinating and valuable. Her attention to detail is meticulous. Francine is very detailed in her instruction and also very patient and this was immensely helpful to me. As a learner, I felt I was flowing smoothly. To me, this has been a great foray into a modality that I intend to combine harmoniously with another.”